Welcome to Kent LPC’s website
Kent Local Pharmaceutical Committee (LPC) represents all community pharmacy contractors in Kent. The LPC is an elected body recognised and configured under the NHS Act, set up to represent the interest of all local NHS Pharmacy Contractors. The committee includes representatives from Independent Pharmacy Contractors, The Company Chemists Association (CCA) and The Association of Independent Multiples (AIMp).
- Vision: To maximise pharmacy contribution to health and wellbeing of people living in Kent and Medway by effectively engaging, supporting and representing community pharmacists, promoting best practice, and developing service opportunity for the benefit of all contractors
Save The Date!
On Sunday 18th September Kent Local Pharmaceutical Committee will be hosting a pharmacy event at Mercure Hotel in Maidstone. There will be training session by ECG for flu and covid vaccinations, as well as awards ceremony to appreciate the battles pharmacy teams had to overcome over the past couple of years! There will also be time to catch up with your colleagues for networking which is much needed! More details to follow, however in the meantime, "save the date" and join us on the day.
- Location: Mercure Maidstone Great Danes, Hollingbourne, Maidstone ME17 1RE
- To attend please email email@example.com
Kent LPC Wins Healthwatch Awards
Mark Anyaegbuna attended Healthwatch Kent & Medway recognition awards in March. We are delighted to announce that Kent LPC was recognised for supporting our contractors during the pandemic by ensuring Kent community pharmacist are heard by policy makers.
Kent LPC Newsletter
Another month has already passed and it’s time for our monthly newsletter (Click below to read more).
Kent LPC Tracker
Kent LPC has created a deadline tracker so you do not have that last minute rush. Keep up to date with the Kent LPC Tracker!
- To download our tracker please click here:
Kent LPC SMASHES target
Kent LPC hits their target for more than 70% of the pharmacies to register for the NEW Hypertension Case Finding Service. Data from 27th June showed that 240 pharmacies have registered since 1st October 2021. Kent LPC would like to thank all Pharmacies for their engagement.
Amish Our Chair meets His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales.
Amish Patel from Hodgson Pharmacy in Longfield met His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales at a special reception at St James’s Palace this week (Wednesday 4 May). The event recognised the work of pharmacists across the United Kingdom, in the light of their extraordinary contribution to the health of the nation during the coronavirus pandemic. Mr Patel was among nearly two hundred pharmacists invited to the palace for the occasion. Mr Patel said: “It was great to meet the Prince of Wales in person and to hear his enthusiasm for the services we offer to the public.” In a speech, The Prince of Wales paid tribute to the work of pharmacies on the NHS frontline: “You are a very familiar fixture in the nation’s high streets and neighbourhoods – something that people have come to rely on and value tremendously over generations. As well as providing prompt access to advice and treatment, of course the great thing is you are also a friendly and reassuring presence in our communities. A place where science, as it were, meets society. As I have said once before, pharmacies are about people and places, not just pills.”
- If an emergency situation means a pharmacy needs to close for a short period, there are actions a contractor needs to undertake to ensure patients are able to access their prescriptions and that the contractor’s business can resume easily and effectively once the emergency has passed. The following PSNC Briefing provides guidance on planning which […]
- NHS England has informed PSNC that there is currently (5th August 2022) an IT system outage with the Adastra system, used by many NHS 111 service providers across England. This is affecting services that receive electronic referrals and bookings from NHS 111, including referrals to the Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS). Each region of England […]
- Following applications made by PSNC to the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA), a further 28 new products entered the list of ‘Drugs for which Discount is Not Deducted’ (DND) in Part II of the Drug Tariff from 1 August 2022: For a list of all the monthly […]
- PSNC entered negotiations on the Community Pharmacy Contractual Framework (CPCF) for 2022/23 with NHS England (NHSE) and the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) in late spring, and we know that contractors and LPCs are rightly anxious to know the outcomes of those discussions. We and officials from DHSC and NHSE agreed to an […]
- National Patient Safety Alert: Class 1 Medicines Recall Notification: Mexiletine hydrochloride 50mg, 100mg & 200 mg Hard Capsules (Clinigen Healthcare Ltd)National Patient Safety Alert: Class 1 Medicines Recall Notification: Recall of Mexiletine hydrochloride 50mg, 100mg and 200 mg Hard Capsules, Clinigen Healthcare Ltd, due to a potential for underdosing and/or overdosing National Patient Safety Alert Reference Number: NatPSA/2022/007/MHRA Date issued: 4th August 2022 Clinigen Healthcare Ltd is initiating a recall of three batches of Mexiletine […]
- Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) has issued a medicine supply notification for Aripiprazole 10mg tablets. MSN/2022/066 Tier 2 – medium impact Date of issue 3rd August 2022 Aripiprazole 10mg tablets are in limited supply until late August 2022. Alternative strengths and formulations of aripiprazole remain available, but no individual product can support a […]
Kent Pharmacy Bank Holiday Opening Times
Please see here for pharmacy opening times for the May bank holiday.
Unforeseen Pharmacy Closures: Guidance and Contractor Requirements
Following the end of emergency provisions and the resumption of normal pharmacy Terms of Service rules and requirements around unplanned closures, PSNC has published new guidance to support community pharmacy…